As a pioneer in the industrial chain business, MAXCO Chain began manufacturing industrial cast chains in 1911 as Tobata Foundry Co. in Japan. In 1956 we became part of the Hitachi Group and in 1972 Hitachi Chain Ltd. was established. The industrial chain business is the foundation on which the company was built and in 1987 when we added our Building Solutions business we became Hitachi Metals Techno, Ltd.
In 2016 the company separated from the Hitachi group to become MAXCO Corporation. In 2021 the company changed ownership and our name to MAXCO Chain.
MAXCO Chain supplies industrial roller chain, engineering class chain, and wastewater treatment chains and components to North America, Central America, South America, and Europe.